Iron Man 3: The Best Iron Man Yet

Blockbuster and action-adventure movie, Iron Man 3, starring Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, debuted in theaters May 3, 2013 after much hype and anticipation.

Anyone who has seen The Avengers knows that Tony Stark saved the world and almost sacrificed his life in the process. After the attack that almost took his life, Tony was left a completely different man. Iron Man 3 focuses more on the man in the suit than the superhero himself. Throughout the film, we see Tony Stark, a man with everything become a man with nothing.

The third installment of the Iron Man movie series, written and directed by Shane Black, has already broken records in the box office. The film debuted with a record-breaking opening weekend, making $175 million, giving it the second-biggest opening after The Avengers. Even with the Great Gatsby, a highly anticipated film that hit theaters the weekend following Iron Man’s release, Iron Man 3 still came in first at the box office. Even after more than two weeks since its release, Iron Man 3 sales were still going strong. As of Thursday, May 16, Mathew Jacobs of the HuffingtonPost.com reported that Iron Man 3 has surpassed $1 billion worth of ticket sales worldwide.

For moviegoers still wondering whether they should see Iron Man 3 or not, the numbers do not lie; this is the best Iron Man yet. Overall, Iron Man 3 gets 4 out of 5 stars.

From an entertainment standpoint, the movie was excellent; it kept me in my seat the whole two hours and ten minutes. The only thing that was negative about Iron Man 3, which caused it to get 4 out of 5 stars, was the ending; it leaves many questions and too much controversy for moviegoers and true comic fans.

If you want to see what happens to Tony Stark in Iron Man 3, I suggest you see for yourself. You won’t be disappointed.