Holiday Films

As we get closer into the holiday season, all of our all-time favorite holiday specials will be on TV.  ABC family is already getting into the holiday season by promoting its TV series and holiday specials.  Soon it will be time to snuggle up next to the fireplace with a nice cup of hot cocoa and enjoy the holiday season.  Grab your favorite blankets because winter will be here faster than you think.  Let’s start preparing now and get our favorite movies ready.

1.      How the Grinch Stole Christmas- The classic Jim Carrey movie How the Grinch Stole Christmas is an all-time classic holiday film.  This movie tells the story about the mean old Grinch whole lives on Mount Crumpit and watches over Whoville.  All of the Whos are afraid of the Grinch except for one, Cindy Lou Who.  She is the one who eventually makes the Grinch’s heart grow.  Cindy Lou Who shows the Grinch the true meaning of Christmas.

2.      The Nightmare Before Christmas-The Nightmare Before Christmas is a great holiday film for you and your family.  The movie is a combination of Halloween and Christmas.  Jack Skellington, The Pumpkin King, rises on Halloween in his town to scare people.  One day Jack wanders off from his town and comes across trees with doors on them decorated for every season.  The door that intrigues him the most is the door with the Christmas tree on it.  He enters the door and is taken to Christmasland where everything sparks his curiosity.  Jack quickly goes back home and tries to take over Christmas in his own way.  The film was produced and co-written by Tim Burton

3.      Santa Clause-The Santa Clause is a fantastic movie for you and your family for the holiday.  This movie is about a guy named Scott Calvin who on Christmas Eve turns into Santa Clause because the real one fell off his roof.  Now, Scott has to learn how to be Santa. There are two sequels to this film (The Santa Clause 2 and The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause) that show us Scott’s continuing journey as Santa Clause.

4.      Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer- Everyone knows the most famous reindeer of all. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is the perfect holiday movie for everyone. All of the reindeer make fun of Rudolph because of his red nose.  They don’t even let him play any of the reindeer games because he is different.  Then on Christmas Eve a terrible snow storm hits and Santa and his reindeer can’t fly the sleigh because they can’t see. Finally it’s Rudolph’s time to shine.  With his glowing nose, Rudolph guides Santa and the other reindeer through the terrible snow storm and all the way around the world to the home of every good girl and boy.

5.      A Christmas Story- This movie is a hilarious holiday movie.  A Christmas Story is about a boy named Ralphie, who wants nothing more than a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas.  He tries to persuade everyone he knows including Santa that this is the perfect gift for him.  In this movie anything that can possibly go wrong on Christmas does go wrong.

Rocco Pecoraro
Rocco Pecoraro, Editor
My name is Rocco Pecoraro, and I am currently a junior at HHS. I am on the varsity cheer team here at HHS.  My hobbies include tumbling, reading, being a school activist, cheering, modeling for my sponsorship with Jelly's Surf Company, and running.  This year I am apart of Student Council, the Italian Club, Share, and Class Cabinet.  My goal in life is to go to NYU and get a job as a book editor and publisher, or a journalist.  I hope you all enjoy my articles!  I encourage any suggestions for articles by all of my fellow students.