HHS Rang in Spring at the Spring Fling

From dancing, to playing cornhole, to snapping a picture in the “selfie”booth, the second annual Spring Fling, a school-wide dance held in Hawthorne High School’s courtyard, was once again a huge success. This year, the event took place on Friday, May 30, and was hosted by the Class of 2015 with the help of class advisors Kali Spoelstra and Ryan McMann.

The dance, which was fully funded by volunteers and donations from the Class of 2015, featured their very own DJ Frankie Gee, Frankie Giglio.

This year’s Spring Fling took place from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and had activities galore. Upon entering, many students tried their hand at cornhole and an inflatable ring toss game.  Students were also able to try out the student-made “selfie”booth. Here, students were able to dress up and take photos in front of a background, much like in a photo booth, but with no photographer. Students were also given complimentary chips, baked goods, candy, and water.

The Class of 2015 also made sure to transform the high school courtyard to fit their theme: backyard barbeque. Volunteer students decked out the courtyard in red-and-white checkerboard tablecloths and table centerpieces of mason jars filled with flowers and (electronic) candles. Students also lit up the courtyard with an array of Christmas lights.

Junior, Briana Marsiello, commented on the event, saying, “The music and decorations were great. We should definitely keep this tradition going!”

The dance, which was a huge success, lasted until DJ Frankie Gee played the last song. The students at HHS thank the Class of 2015 for hosting such a fun event and hope the tradition of the Spring Fling lives on next year.