HHS 2015 Reading Challenge: I Dare You to Read

How much do you love to read? Well good news; if you love to read, you could win a $25 gift card to Hawthorne’s local book store, Well Read. Come down to the Hawthorne High School library and enter the contest. It’s so simple! All you have to do to enter is:

1. Pick out 5 books from the list that meet the criteria, such as a book written by a female author, a book written by someone under thirty years old, a book set in a different country, a book with a love triangle, and so much more!
  2. Write down the names of 5 books that you read and put their names on the gold card with your name at the top.
  3. Turn in the card to Mrs. DiGeronimo in the month of May.
  4. Cross your fingers and hope that you win!

It’s as easy as that. For more information on this national reading challenge, see Mrs. DiGeronimo or tweet about your progress to @LibraryatHHS using the hashtag #2015ReadingChallenge. Good luck!

Jessica Mulkey, Staff Writer
Hi! I’m Jessica Mulkey and  I’m a  senior at Hawthorne High School. I enjoy writing, marching band, listening to music and trying new things. I am not sure what college I want to go to yet but I do know that I wants to follow my dream of being a teacher! This is my second year writing for the Clarion and I am very excited to be writing about all the amazing and fun events that will happen at HHS. Feel free to come up to me and say Hi! I love making new friends!