HHS’s Own Member of the Dream Team

HHSs Own Member of the Dream Team

Leah Matari and Cielle Tousignant, Editors

We all know the infamous OJ Simpson murder trial case, but what you may not know is that Hawthorne High School is home to one of the lawyers on the “Dream Team”, Mrs. Kelly Hawruk. It has only recently been released that she was a vital part of OJ Simpson’s Defense, nicknamed the “Dream Team.” She has been credited with giving Johnnie Cochran the quote, “If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit.” Hawruk is relatively humble about her involvement with the case and HHS’s knowledge of her involvement can be credited to senior Tom Dutzar who discovered it on the Wikipedia page. Dutzar came forward with this news to The Clarion, so our top reporters did some research:

Kelly Hawruk was indeed part of the “Dream Team” and was actually the mastermind behind the whole plan. She chose to not spotlight her involvement with a fear that her family would end up like Rob Kardashian’s family. Nothing scared her more than her family turning into reality TV stars, and having a show titled “Keeping up with Hawruks”.

Hawruk was asked about her involvement and she said, “OJ was guilty, there’s no doubt…he pulled me aside and said ‘Kelly- nice blazer, I love blazers…also I’m guilty, I killed her’ and from that moment on I knew that I would fight this case, win it, and then retire as a defense attorney.”