Media Arts Guest Speaker

Meagan Scherer, Staff Writer

On Monday, October 28th, 2016, guest speaker Rob Schick visited Mr. Di Lonardo’s Media Arts students. Schick is a special effects artist that works with various photographers and up and coming filmmakers, creating interesting makeup to help tell a story.

When asked about the purpose of bringing in Schick to visit the class, Mr. Di Lonardo stated, “We were watching the film Inception and speaking about Special Effects, and I thought it would be nice to meet and experiment with another type of special effects- make up- which is becoming more and more popular in media today because of the zombie craze!”

When Schick arrived, he showed some examples of his work. Then, he showed the class how to apply different techniques to human skin to create scars, burns, gashes and imperfections. After finishing his presentation, students applied the techniques to themselves. Mr. Di Lonardo stated, “ Many of them were very realistic!!”

When asked about the guest speaker’s visit, student Dana Scherer stated, “It was very beneficial because we got to see and try out a whole different side of art. It was interesting to experiment with special effects.”

HHS thanks Rob Schick for his wonderful visit! The Clarion also thanks Mr. Di Lonardo for his information.