Mike Dittfield & Baseball

Senior Mike Dittfield is about to begin baseball season with high hopes that when the Hawthorne Bears play their last game, he will have many more games ahead of him at college.

Next fall, Mike will be attending Frostburg State University in Frostburg, Maryland. After Mike attended a baseball prospect camp at Frostburg, the coach, Guy Robertson, asked Mike to try out for the team in the fall. It’s a fairly competitive program where baseball is viewed as the school’s #1 sport. Mike feels confident that he is prepared to try-out and make the team to play for the Bobcats.

When choosing this school, Mike took time to think about what the college offered other than baseball.  Considering his love for animals and the outdoors, he searched out majors and schools that would provide him with an opportunity to be exposed to these studies. He identified and applied to three schools: Frostburg State University in Frostburg, MD; Delaware Valley College, Doylestown, PA; and Ferrum College, Ferrum, VA. He visited all three and met with the baseball coaches.

After considering the pros and cons of the schools, Frostburg came out on top. In addition to a top baseball program, it has a Wildlife and Fisheries program—not to mention it’s located in the mountains just south of the Mason/Dixon line.

Mike has a lot to look forward to.