Allison Zuckerberg: Aspiring Doctor

Allison Zuckerberg: Aspiring Doctor

Photo courtesy of Allison Zuckerberg's Facebook account

Allison Zuckerberg performing with the color guard.

Sarah Kearsley, Staff Writer

Hawthorne High School’s salutatorian Allison Zuckerberg will soon be graduating HHS and beginning her journey to pursue a career as a doctor.  HHS cannot wait to see the unfolding of the future success of this National Honor Society and Spanish Honor Society student.

Zuckerberg plans to pursue a career in the medical field. After graduation, she will attend Boston University to major in biology with a specialization in neurobiology. She is also considering a dual major or minor in cognitive science or psychology. Post-grad, Zuckerberg plans to attend medical school and possibly work in the field of neurology. No matter what path she does decide to take, she says, “I want to fit between human function and behavior, and relate to people as well as patients.”

While attending college, Zuckerburg plans on participating in a variety of unique opportunities that show her desire to help those around her and her drive to further her knowledge of the medical field. Not only is she planning to study abroad in Madrid, Spain, during her sophomore year, she is also planning to take regular volunteer brigades to countries who are, according to Zuckerberg, “lacking the medical attention we enjoy here.”

In addition to being a hard-working and gifted student, Zuckerberg also has a taste for the arts. While a student in HHS, Zuckerberg participated in many art programs. In addition to playing in the pit orchestra, concert band, and jazz band, she was an avid member of the marching band and a four-year member of the color guard and weapon line. Zuckerberg values the lessons that participating in the arts has left her with. “My involvement in the arts [at HHS] has allowed me to develop as an individual in a way I couldn’t in the classroom, forging relationships with others and learning many values.” She added,  “I am considering playing flute professionally later in life.”

Ultimately, HHS is very proud to call Zuckerberg a soon-to-be alum of our school. Her dedication to her education and extra-curricular activities has truly shown what a remarkable person she is and will continue to be.