Hannah Frascella: The Killing Machine

Sarah Kozrosh, Staff Writer

Hannah Frascella, a senior volleyball athlete here at Hawthorne High School, is known as “The Killing Machine” a nickname given to her by all of her teammates.

Frascella is known for her powerful and targeted hits that always amaze every single person watching and playing. So far in her high school volleyball career, Frascella has a record of close to 800 kills, and is aiming for her 1000 kill. A kill is another term for an attack by a player that is not returnable by the receiving player on the opposing team and leads directly to a point or loss of rally. Frascella’s stats are out of this world with around 318 digs, 95 service points, and 96 service aces!

This Clarion reporter sat down with Frascella for a brief, but fun interview.

Clarion Reporter:What got you started in volleyball?

Hannah Frascella: I took an interest in volleyball after my sister Sarah started playing, and I loved going to her games because I really enjoyed watching the sport. I owe my sister a lot because she took the time to teach me the basics of volleyball.

Clarion Reporter: What is your main goal/motivation for volleyball?

Frascella: My main goal is also the thing that motivates me…and it’s to get better. I want to better myself every time I touch the ball.  I am very competitive with myself, but I always try to be a better, stronger version of myself.

Frascella’s favorite thing about volleyball is how stress relieving it is. She also emphasizes how she loves all of the amazing friendships she created in volleyball. She even explains how she has met some of her best friends through the sport. As committed to the sport as she is, Hannah verbally committed to playing with the Ramapo College volleyball team.

Hannah Frascella is admired by many and we wish her the best in her volleyball career!