How Do World Leaders View Trump?

Julian Parra, Staff Writer

As you may have noticed, Republican presidential candidate Donald J. Trump has been a very controversial figure due to his outlandish remarks and his unprofessional demeanor. Recently, world leaders were interviewed by American news channel representatives and shared their thoughts on the infamous Donald Trump running for president.

Russian President Vladimir Putin and other far right-winged politicians are among the few world leaders who support him and his anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant ideals. However, Enrique Peña Nieto, President of Mexico, claims that Trump’s demeanor is similar to other dictators like Hitler. He and other Mexican politicians and officials are not happy with Trump’s policy of building a wall in order to limit Mexican immigration into the United States. British Prime Minister David Cameron says that it is downright wrong that Trump called for a temporary ban on all Muslims to the United States, and even some members of the British Parliament want to ban Trump from entering England. Another world leader who praises Trump is Jean-Marie Le Pen, who used to be the leader of France’s anti-immigration party called the National Front, even tweeting, “If I were American, I would vote Donald Trump.”

The Clarion decided to ask  HHS students about their thoughts on Trump. We received mostly opposing views towards the presidential candidate, but we also heard from a few supporters. Reasons we heard about why Donald Trump should become president included thoughts about how he is not a typical politician. He is seen as a very strong and ruthless leader to his supporters and could bring new and fresh ideas to an otherwise outdated Republican Party. He could reach a new level of voters for the Republicans since he is famous for his show The Celebrity Apprentice, his numerous business ventures and real estate under his Trump brand.

Reasons we heard about why Donald Trump should not become president included thoughts about how, if elected office, he would not listen to any other input and do what he wants to do. Plus, his vulgarity and rude remarks in professional settings have turned off a lot of voters. Finally, Trump has not had a consistent record in regards to his societal views and political views.

As the election is slowly approaching everyone here at the Clarion is curious to see who will be the next president.