LMS/HHS Experiences

LMS%2FHHS+Experiences

Christopher D Simmermon Jr., Staff Writer

It all started back in Lincoln Middle School 6 years ago: I was a little nervous on the first day, but as you probably know, a lot of people are.

Sixth grade was pretty calm. Once 7th grade came along, things were different. 

That year our music teacher gave us a project: it was to research your favorite band/artist. My favorite was Type-o-negative  and that was a success and I had a lot of fun presenting.

Once the start of 8th grade came along I knew that I had to make the most of the rest of my middle school career and one of my favorite classes at the time was Physical Education. I used to love doing the pacer test and as time went on I just got better and better at it. Once the end of the year came along we had a lot of of fun things we did because we were in the last year of middle school. One of the trips was to Black Bear Lake: I went swimming and went to the obstacle course on the lake and we even played laser tag in the woods.

A couple of days after that it was finally time to graduate and I got the President’s Award and the Honor Roll Award.

After the long summer it was time to enter high school and during freshman year I joined the Bears track team: my favorite part of that was being able to work with my teammates and to go to all the meets like at FDU. 

I’m in my Junior year and I’m in the Broadcasting Club and one of my individual l projects is to do an interview with the faculty a Lincoln Middle School. My broadcasting teacher wants to put me in broadcasting to and I was very grateful and happy that I would be moving up next year and I’m thinking about pursuing my goals in ether being a computer teacher or a Broadcasting teacher.

Remember to always believe in yourself because what you do now will affect your life and career when you get older. Thank you for reading my article and as always GO BEARS