John’s Pizzeria in NYC: 4 Stars

Once you step into John’s Pizzeria in Manhattan, you know you’re surrounded by good people and good food. When you walk in, you are greeted by a very friendly waiter who seats you and takes your drink order. Look to your left side, there is a huge, floor-to-ceiling, handpainted mural of Manhattan. If you look up, there is some beautiful stainglass because this pizzeria used to be a church. Around the restaurant there are also other hand-painted murals of various things such as skyscrapers and streets of Manhattan. John’s Pizzeria is located on 260 West 44th Street in Times Square.

The atmosphere in John’s is absolutely fantastic. The place is always busy. You always hear people laughing and having a good time. The restaurant itself is so inviting, so bright and spacious. There is a staircase that runs to the second floor of tables. Even though the pizzeria is always very crowded, you never feel like it’s too much. There’s just enough space to fit everyone comfortably, unless you arrive on the weekend at dinner hour before the Broadway shows begin, then you may wait an hour for a table.

If you come to John’s Pizzeria, you should order the pizza because it is Manhattan’s best. The slogan is “no slices” because you can never eat just one slice. The specialty is thin crust, which is obvious because we’re in New York City where the best thin crust pizza is made. The service is incredibly fast; waiters stop by every so often to refill drinks and before you know it, your pizza is there and you’re ready to eat.

A large cheese pie will cost you $12.50 and toppings are an extra dollar, but it sure is worth it. Pizza isn’t the only thing on the menu. John’s also serves a wide variety of pastas, meats, and fish. Appetizers include mozzarella sticks and calamari.

So, if you’re ever in the Manhattan area, I definitely recommend giving John’s Pizzeria a try. With good food, fast service and great people surrounding you, you will surely never be disappointed.