Qdoba Mexican Grill: 4 Stars

A few months ago, I was looking for a good place to eat when a friend recommended Qdoba Mexican Grill located at the Bergen Town Center on Route 4 in Paramus, New Jersey.  After one visit, I was hooked.  Now several months later, I’m what you might call a “regular” at Qdoba.  I would encourage others to give this place a try too.

As you can tell by the name, Qdoba serves Mexican dishes.  The most popular Mexican dish is the burritos, which you can create yourself.  The restaurant is set up like a lunch line; you stand on line while the servers stand behind a counter full of food.  First, you tell the server which kind of tortilla you want, either a flour tortilla or a whole wheat flour tortilla.  Then, your server puts cilantro lime rice on the tortilla, and you say what beans you would like; you have the choice of black or pinto beans.  Next, you get to the meat, which is the best part.  You can choose from beef, steak, or chicken.  Whichever meat you choose, the burrito tastes good regardless.  Last, you can choose to add extras such as salsa, sour cream, cheese, etc. If you are a guacamole fan, you can choose to get that on your burrito for a small added price. (I would recommend the guacamole.)

Once you’re done creating your awesome burrito, your server packs it all together into a monstrous meal.  You pay at the end of the line, and the total amount for a burrito and a drink usually comes out to be slightly under ten dollars.  It’s a great deal, and you’ll agree, once you take the first bite of your burrito, it’s a perfect dinner.  If after your meal, you’re craving a little dessert, Qdoba has chocolate chip cookies and brownies to satisfy that craving.  I believe you can’t go wrong at Qdoba Mexican Grill.