Five Guys Burgers and Fries: 4 Stars

The Murrell family opened its first Five Guys Burgers and Fries restaurant in 1986 in Arlington, Virginia. Today, there are over 900 locations in 46 U.S. states and 6 Canadian provinces according to www.fiveguys.com. The juicy burgers and crispy fries have certainly made this franchise a very successful story.

I recently went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries in Wayne. When I entered the restaurant, there were several huge boxes that contained complimentary peanuts for the customers, which is one of the famous signatures of Five Guys.  The employees, who are required to wear a red and white uniform, are very friendly. The layout of the restaurant is casual and comfortable while the service is quick and accurate.

Now let’s talk about the food. You can order a burger, sandwich, hotdog, or a side of fries. According to the website, there are 250,000 possible ways to order a burger. I personally enjoyed the classic, plain cheeseburger, but you might like a bacon cheeseburger covered with grilled onions, mushrooms, and jalapeno peppers. A person can add up to 15 of the free topping choices that include pickles, onions, mustard, and relish. Five Guys also sells grilled cheese sandwiches and veggie burgers.

So no matter what you order, I am sure you will enjoy your meal at Five Guys Burgers and Fries.