Beyonce Rocks the Super Bowl

As the song “Love on Top” boomed from the speakers at the Mercedes Benz Superdome during the halftime show at Super Bowl XVLII, Beyoncé stormed onto stage, electrifying the audience. There was speculation about the show. Would she lip sync? Could she perform at a Super Bowl worthy caliber? What would she wear? All these questions were soon answered.

Before Beyonce’s appearance, Jennifer Hudson and a group of children from Sandy Hook Elementary School sang “America the Beautiful.” Alicia Keys then performed the National Anthem. The two songs were performed flawlessly.

As Beyoncé began singing songs one after another, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, members of her former group Destiny’s Child, appeared on stage and helped Beyoncé sing several songs such as “Independent Woman” and “Single Ladies.” This also posed a new question: Would Destiny’s Child regroup?

There was a great uproar about Beyoncé’s outfit choice, which was black leather made from iguana and python skin. She was bashed by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). PETA was quoted in The Examiner as saying, “We would take a bet that if Beyoncé watched our video exposés… she’d probably not want to be seen again in anything made of snakes, lizards, rabbits, or other animals who died painfully.”

The show marked a refreshing comeback in a recent history of upsetting Super Bowl halftime shows, which weren’t entertaining. It is also a great way to end the Super Bowl halftime show because there is speculation that there will be no more Super Bowl halftime shows starting next year in 2014.