Hottest Movies To Watch This Summer

Summer is a great season for hit movies, and this summer is no exception. So, whether it’s too hot to be outside, or one of summer’s notorious rainstorms is forcing you inside, or you’re just looking to be thoroughly entertained, head to the movies with family or friends to enjoy one of these hit summer blockbusters.

1. Maleficent: Disney’s newest film tells the story of Maleficent (played by Angelina Jolie). The movie is based around the classic Disney story of Sleeping Beauty. However, there is a twist to the movie; instead of focusing on the character Sleeping Beauty, as the classic tales does, the movie revolves around Maleficent and explains why she is like she is – evil. Maleficent is now in theaters.

2. Transformers: Age of Extinction: Mark Wahlberg stars in the newest installment of Michael Bay’s Transformers franchise. Age of Extinction picks up where the last Transformers movie, Dark of the Moon, left off. Optimus Prime and the Autobots go into hiding as the government tries to hunt them down. However, the Autobots don’t know that a new threat is heading for Earth. With this new threat, will the Autobots come out of hiding and battle for Earth once more? You can find out when Transformers: Age of Extinction hits theaters on June 27.

3. 22 Jump Street: Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum return in the sequel to 2012’s 21 Jump Street. As Jenko (played by Channing Tatum) and Schmidt (played by Jonah Hill) were able to graduate from high school, they approach a new conflict: college. When a new assignment turns up for the undercover police officers, they both have to learn how to adapt to the college society and try to solve another case. 22 Jump Street arrives in theaters on June 13.

4. How to Train Your Dragon 2: Hiccup (voiced by Jay Baruchel) and his dragon Toothless return in DreamWorks’s sequel to How to Train Your Dragon. After helping the Vikings get along with dragons, there is peace in Berk. However, all that changes when Hiccup discovers shocking secrets and a new villain arises. Hiccup and Toothless must help the Vikings and dragons to escape the chaos that is sure to come. Find out what happens when How to Train Your Dragon 2 flies into theaters on June 13.