• Tim McGraw collapses on stage in Ireland

• President Trump just released his new school safety plan in which teachers will be armed

• Helicopter crash in the East River leaves five dead

It (2017): Movie Review

It
It

It

pre00.deviantart.net/b10d/th/pre/f/2017/093/5/3/it__2017____poster___4_by_camw1n-db4i2ol.png

It

Jenna Ventrice, Staff Writer

The much anticipated movie adaptation of Stephen King’s bestselling novel, It, was released on September 8, 2017. The story follows the lives of seven adolescents as they join together to battle an evil clown, known as Pennywise, who comes out of hiding every 27 years to terrorize and capture the town’s children.

As much as Bill Skarsgård’s creepy portrayal of Pennywise sends chills down our spines, the strongest and most enrapturing parts of the film belong to the realistic and touching bonds between the kids. The film takes time to introduce us to each character individually, focusing on their home lives and establishing their distinct personalities. The kids give such authentic, heartfelt, and relatable performances that the film starts to feel more like a coming-of-age story rather than a horror film.

Not to say that the film ignores Pennywise completely, but he is used carefully and only when needed, which makes him that much more terrifying. Pennywise isn’t just a bloodthirsty clown that preys on children, but he also has quite the personality. He gives off an unexpected sense of humor and wit, which makes his character all the more fascinating. Bill Skarsgård’s Pennywise leaves quite the unforgettable impression that will stay with you even after you have left the theater.

Just when you thought Pennywise would be the most haunting part of the film, It brings much more disturbing and raw sequences to the table. From sexually abusive fathers to hypochondriac mothers, the film showcases eerie and sinister scenes that will have your skin crawling. Some of these scenes turn out to be more powerful and frightening than the supernatural ones, bringing forth a different element of horror.

This film will have you both screaming in fear and laughing uncontrollably. You will be pleasantly surprised by all the unique elements and strong relationships within this movie. It is playing now in Hawthorne theaters.

• It (2017): Movie Review

Clips For Carter: The Jandoli Edition

• It (2017): Movie Review

Clips For Carter

• It (2017): Movie Review

HHS Wants to Thank Atlantic Stewardship Bank

• It (2017): Movie Review

Hawthorne’s History: A Certain Sandy that Walked our Halls

• It (2017): Movie Review

Mr. Hawthorne: Alex Zawojski

• It (2017): Movie Review

Mr. Hawthorne: Laith Matari

• It (2017): Movie Review

Mr. Hawthorne: Rocco Pecoraro

• It (2017): Movie Review

Mr. Hawthorne: David Souhlakis

• It (2017): Movie Review

Mr. Hawthorne: Aidan Harmer

• It (2017): Movie Review

Mr. Hawthorne: Brian Reilly

It (2017): Movie Review