• New York college student dies after falling from clock tower weeks before graduating.

• Strong storms, including at least one tornado, have swept through parts of the Midwest and the Mid-Atlantic region.

• Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty in her first response to the college admissions scam.

Who was Stan Lee’s Favorite Superhero?

Who was Stan Lee’s Favorite Superhero?

Andrew Gomez, Staff Writer

The beloved founder and co-creator of Marvel Comics, Stan Lee, passed away on November 13, 2018 at the age of 95. As fans all around the world remember his life and legacy, an important question once again arises. Of all of Lee’s created superheroes, who was his most favorite?

This question has been raised to Lee plenty of times. Despite once saying his favorite creation was Silver Surfer, and another time saying that his favorite was Spider-Man, there is a more reliable answer from the man himself. Lee once stated, “I really don’t have any because…of the ones I’ve written, when I was writing each one, that one was my favorite at the moment, because I was all involved in him or in her. But I’ve been so busy just working on them that I’ve never had time to really think of who my favorites were. They’re all like my children; I think I love them equally.”  

The reason why this can be regarded as the most reliable answer is because this quote is what one should expect from such a visionary as Lee, who was, in reality, so invested in all of his creations that 99 percent of the time working on stories, he only told the ones that he wanted to tell.

With other Marvel Legends, Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, Lee has created some of the most iconic and beloved heroes not only in comic books, but some of the most beloved characters of all time. These include (but are definitely not limited to) Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, Thor, The Hulk, The X-Men, and The Fantastic Four.

The legacy that Stan Lee has left from his vigorous creativity is a vast gallery of characters that have stayed in the hearts of fans for generations. There is no doubt that Lee himself, as a person, will continue to do the same.

Andrew Gomez, Staff Writer

Andrew Gomez is a junior at Hawthorne High School. Unafraid to be himself, Andrew doesn't care if he looks different. He enjoys writing news articles and...

• Who was Stan Lee’s Favorite Superhero?

Spirit Week Day 4: Throwback Thursday

Spirit Week Day 3: Workout Wednesday

Shark Tank 2019

Spirit Week Day 2: Tropical Tuesday

Spirit Week Day 1: Twin Takeover

Generous Donation Given to Hawthorne High School

HHS Pool Renovations Coming Soon

Nick Manzi: Mr. Congeniality 2019

Mr. Hawthorne 2019 Recap

Luke Kowalski: Mr. Hawthorne 2019

Who was Stan Lee’s Favorite Superhero?