• Ferry capsizes in Iraq's Tigris river killing 71.

• Death Toll Rises From Cyclone Idai As Rescuers Struggle to Reach Those Stranded.

• Lion Air Crash Families Say They Were Pressured to Sign No-Suit Deal.

Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner

Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner

Brendan Knepper and Sean Gordon

A new restaurant has been opened in “Showtime” Hawthorne called the Celtic Corner.

This new eatery has been a hit so far for all families and friends. This restaurant features a brunch, lunch, and dinner menu providing you with meals from the Irish culture. The menu does not have an overwhelming amount of options, but an expanded menu should be expected soon. This new establishment seems to be a pretty big hit in town because there are always a lot of people inside. The restaurant has a Yelp rating of 3.6/5 stars.

The menu has a section for starters which contains shrimp, loaded Irish fries, crunchy calamari, mini flatbreads, flash roasted brussel sprouts, pei mussels, chicken Parmesan, meatballs, mac and cheese, chicken wings, and tempura veggies.

The menu also features specialty soups such as their soup of the day and French onion soup. The salad section of the menu includes classic Caesar, wedgie, crisp blue, and a house salad. The salads can be made a meal by adding salmon, grilled chicken, or a crab cake. There is also a part of the menu dedicated to Irish classics like chicken curry, stew, shepherd’s pie, and bangers and mash.

You can also find a burgers and beyond section of the menu that includes a CC burger, chicken clubbie, O’veggie, Irish steak, C.C.S., and crab cakes. The burgers are served with fries or a small salad and can be gluten-free as a wrap or over greens. House specialties are also served such as pan roasted chicken, sizzling steak, Faroe Island salmon, smothered steak, double cut pork chop, broiled haddock, and drunken pasta. The kids also have options like a burger, grilled cheese, black bean burger, mac and cheese, chicken tenders, and spaghetti and meatballs. The kids options include fries or a salad and a scoop of ice cream. There are also options for gluten-free meals.

The owners of The Celtic Corner are David McGoldrick and Roy O’Donovan. Building this restaurant, they said, was a dream that they always wished for. The Celtic Corner is open seven days a week from 11am to 2am for anyone who is looking forward to try one of the newest food places in Hawthorne.

Brendan Knepper, Staff Writer

Hi, my name is Brendan Knepper. I am a sophomore at Hawthorne High School. My favorite hobbies are playing hockey and baseball. I am excited to publish...

Sean Gordon, Staff Writer

Hi, my name is Sean Gordon, I will be writing articles for The Clarion this school year. I am a sophomore here at Hawthorne High School and play basketball...

• Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner

Nick Manzi: Mr. Congeniality 2019

• Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner

Mr. Hawthorne 2019 Recap

• Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner

Luke Kowalski: Mr. Hawthorne 2019

• Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner

There Is More To The Word Hate

• Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner

Arts & Entertainment

A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

• Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner

Sports

TJ Palmer Becomes Mr. 1,000

• Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner

Ecology Club T-Shirt Sale

• Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner

Hawthorne High School Shines a Light on Human Trafficking

• Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner

Mr. Hawthorne 2019

• Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner

And the Spring Musical Is….

Hawthorne’s Celtic Corner