• Violence Erupts in Indonesia’s Capital in Wake of Presidential Election Results.

• Nevada Law Removing Abortion Restrictions Passes State Assembly.

• Democrats are accusing Trump officials of inflating the Iran threat.

A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - FEBRUARY 24: (EDITORS NOTE: Retransmission with alternate crop.) Rami Malek attends the 91st Annual Academy Awards at Dolby Theatre on February 24, 2019 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images

Sydney Reicher, Staff Writer

The Oscars were held on Sunday, February 24 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood and was aired live on ABC.

It was an interesting 91st year, with having no host to the embarrassing speeches. The story of the legendary rock band Queen and lead singer Freddie Mercury, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, won four awards, which was the most won at Sunday’s ceremony. They won Best Actor, Best Film Editing, Sound Mixing, Sound Editing, and was nominated for Best Picture.

However, the Best Picture went to an unexpected winner, “Green Book”. “Black Panther” and “Roma” followed “Bohemian Rhapsody” by winning three awards each. The Oscars for Best Director and Best Cinematography was won by Alfonso Cuarón for the film “Roma.” Olivia Colman won the award for Best Actress from her performance in “The Favourite.” 

One of the most memorable parts of the night was not necessarily positive. After winning the award for Best Actor, Rami Malek, who played Freddie Mercury in “Bohemian Rhapsody”, fell off stage after receiving his award. The paramedics quickly arrived at the scene and he did not appear hurt when he later went to the speak in the press room.

Along with the awarding process, many artists such as Bette Midler and Jennifer Hudson, performed throughout the night. The most anticipated performance was “Shallow” by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, recipients of Best Original Song, and they delivered.  

As always, it was an eventful night and watchers are excited to see if they can top it next year.

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Scenes From the Art Show: Volume Three

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Scenes From the Art Show: Volume Two

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Scenes From the Art Show: Volume One

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Spirit Week Day 4: Throwback Thursday

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Spirit Week Day 3: Workout Wednesday

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Shark Tank 2019

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Spirit Week Day 2: Tropical Tuesday

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Spirit Week Day 1: Twin Takeover

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Generous Donation Given to Hawthorne High School

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

HHS Pool Renovations Coming Soon

A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars