• Hawthorne Named To List Of Safest Places To Live In America.

• 3,000 ISIS members in Syria surrender.

• Lori Loughlin in FBI custody, to face college bribery scandal charges in court.

A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - FEBRUARY 24: (EDITORS NOTE: Retransmission with alternate crop.) Rami Malek attends the 91st Annual Academy Awards at Dolby Theatre on February 24, 2019 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images

Sydney Reicher, Staff Writer

The Oscars were held on Sunday, February 24 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood and was aired live on ABC.

It was an interesting 91st year, with having no host to the embarrassing speeches. The story of the legendary rock band Queen and lead singer Freddie Mercury, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, won four awards, which was the most won at Sunday’s ceremony. They won Best Actor, Best Film Editing, Sound Mixing, Sound Editing, and was nominated for Best Picture.

However, the Best Picture went to an unexpected winner, “Green Book”. “Black Panther” and “Roma” followed “Bohemian Rhapsody” by winning three awards each. The Oscars for Best Director and Best Cinematography was won by Alfonso Cuarón for the film “Roma.” Olivia Colman won the award for Best Actress from her performance in “The Favourite.” 

One of the most memorable parts of the night was not necessarily positive. After winning the award for Best Actor, Rami Malek, who played Freddie Mercury in “Bohemian Rhapsody”, fell off stage after receiving his award. The paramedics quickly arrived at the scene and he did not appear hurt when he later went to the speak in the press room.

Along with the awarding process, many artists such as Bette Midler and Jennifer Hudson, performed throughout the night. The most anticipated performance was “Shallow” by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, recipients of Best Original Song, and they delivered.  

As always, it was an eventful night and watchers are excited to see if they can top it next year.

Sydney Reicher, Staff Writer

Sydney Reicher is a freshman at Hawthorne High School and this is her first year writing for The Clarion.  She enjoys playing softball and volleyball. ...

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Nick Manzi: Mr. Congeniality 2019

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Mr. Hawthorne 2019 Recap

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Luke Kowalski: Mr. Hawthorne 2019

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

There Is More To The Word Hate

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Sports

TJ Palmer Becomes Mr. 1,000

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Ecology Club T-Shirt Sale

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Hawthorne High School Shines a Light on Human Trafficking

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Mr. Hawthorne 2019

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

And the Spring Musical Is….

• A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars

Holiday Spirit Week: Door Decorations

A Breakdown of the 91st Oscars