• New York college student dies after falling from clock tower weeks before graduating.

• Strong storms, including at least one tornado, have swept through parts of the Midwest and the Mid-Atlantic region.

• Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty in her first response to the college admissions scam.

Woodstock 50

Woodstock 50

Justin Irvolino, Staff Writer

The Original Woodstock Producer/ Co-Creator of 1969 Michael Lang just announced the Woodstock 50 festival and confirmed the festival will be held on August 16, 17, and 18 in Watkins Glen, NY.

Watkins Glen raceway was also the home to Summer Jam in 1973 which broke the Guinness World Record for the biggest crowd at a pop festival: an estimated 600,000 people showed.

The 50th anniversary festival is broken up into 4 stages, the Peace stage, The Love Stage, the Music Stage, and the Garden stage.  The 3 stages are named after what Woodstock represents as a whole “3 days of peace love and music.” The 4th stage is said to have the original bands that played in the 1969 Festival.

Tickets go on sale on April 22 , details on prices are still awaiting

Lineup:

Day 1 (Friday, Aug. 16): The Killers, Miley Cyrus, Santana, The Lumineers, The Raconteurs, Robert Plant, John Fogerty, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Run the Jewels, The Head and the Heart, Maggie Rogers, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Anderson East, Princess Nokia, John Sebastian

Day 2 (Saturday, Aug. 17): Dead and Company, Chance the Rapper, Black Keys, Sturgill Simpson, Greta Van Fleet, Portugal. The Man, Leon Bridges, Gary Clark Jr., Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes, Dawes, Margo Price, Country Joe and the Fish, Rival Sons, Emily King, Soccer Mommy, Taylor Bennett

Day 3 (Sunday, Aug. 18): Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons, Halsey, Cage The Elephant, Brandi Carlile, Janelle Monae, Young The Giant, Courtney Barnett, Common, Vince Staples, Judah and the Lion, Earl Sweatshirt, Boygenius, the Zombies, Canned Heat, Hot Tuna, Cherry Glazerr

Justin Irvolino, Staff Writer

Hello, my name is Justin Irvolino and I am a staff writer for The Clarion at Hawthorne High School. I started writing for The Clarion as a freshman 3...

• Woodstock 50

Spirit Week Day 4: Throwback Thursday

• Woodstock 50

Spirit Week Day 3: Workout Wednesday

• Woodstock 50

Shark Tank 2019

• Woodstock 50

Spirit Week Day 2: Tropical Tuesday

• Woodstock 50

Spirit Week Day 1: Twin Takeover

• Woodstock 50

Generous Donation Given to Hawthorne High School

• Woodstock 50

HHS Pool Renovations Coming Soon

• Woodstock 50

Nick Manzi: Mr. Congeniality 2019

• Woodstock 50

Mr. Hawthorne 2019 Recap

• Woodstock 50

Luke Kowalski: Mr. Hawthorne 2019

Woodstock 50