Hollywood Movie Wrap-Up 2022 Part Two

Hollywood Movie Wrap-Up 2022 Part Two

Ellen Metzler, Editor

Hollywood has released some of the most emotional sequels and monumental movies representing history, from The Woman King in September to Black Panther: Wakanda Forever in November.

2022 was a very successful year for the box office after taking a major hit due to COVID-19.  2022, had movies that we will never forget. This article is the continuation of the biggest movies of 2022. This article tackles the most anticipated movies from the months July to December.

July: Thor: Love and Thunder was released on July 8th. It starred Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Christian Bale, and Tessa Thompson. It earned 760.9 million dollars at the box office. Fans were anxiously waiting for this sequel for 5 years after Thor: Ragnarok came out in 2017. 

August: On August 5th, Bullet Train took theaters across the world by storm. Starring Bad Bunny, Brad Pitt, and Joey King. Bullet Train made 239.3 million dollars at the box office. Bullet Train was nominated for a People’s Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actor.

September: On September 16 The Woman King took theaters by storm. Starring Viola Davis, Lashana Lynch. Hero Fiennes Tiffin, and John Boyega. The Woman King made 94.3 million dollars at the box office. The Woman King is based on real historical events, The Agojie were a real fighting unit who were instrumental in protecting the Kingdom of Dahomey, one of the most powerful African states at the time. The Woman King is nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture – Drama, Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Actress, and People’s Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actress to name a few.

October: Ticket to Paradise’s iconic duo of Julia Roberts and George Clooney made the people laugh from around the world. Ticket to Paradise stars Julia Roberts, George Clooney, Billie Lourd, and Lucas Bravo. Ticket to Paradise made 171.8 million dollars in the box office. Ticket to Paradise is nominated for People’s Choice Award for the Comedy Movie Star of the Year and People’s Choice Award for Favorite Comedic Movie.

November: On November 11, the most emotional Marvel sequel was released Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. After Chadwick Boseman’s tragic death in 2020, a sequel was a surprise, but not unwelcomed to fans. The sequel stars Michael Jordan, Angela Bassett, and Lake Bell. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever made 823.2 million dollars in the box office. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture, Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Supporting Actress, and so many more.

December: On December 2 White Noise was released, White Noise is about a college professor named Jack Gladney. He and his family’s comfortable suburban life gets disturbed when a chemical leak occurs nearby causing “The Airborne Toxic Event” releasing noxious black clouds over the region that forced the Gladney’s out of their home. White Noise stars Greta Gerwig, Adam Driver, and Raffey Cassidy.  White Noise earned 91.2 million dollars at the box office.