Kanye West’s New Album “Vultures”

Kanye+West
NRK P3
Kanye West

Kanye West has officially announced and started the rollout for his new collab album with Ty Dolla Sign, “Vultures.”

The album was originally supposed to release 12/15/2023, but, due to issues with sample clearing, the new album release date is 12/31/23. Despite the album not being on streaming services, the duo has already begun to perform the album which gives listeners an idea as to who is on the album and what the songs are sounding like. Kanye West has started hosting “raves” where he is performing with artists who are featured on the album.

This album appears to have a plethora of artists featured on it. Based on what listeners have heard, there are 19 known artists and collaborators on the album. The album features some of the biggest names in modern hip-hop. The artists that are known are Lil Baby, Charlie Wilson, Freddie Gibbs, Offset, Quavo, Playboi Carti, Future, Lil Durk, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, Bump J, Bad Bunny, Kodak Black, Young Thug, Leon Bridges, India Love, and Kid Cudi.

Kanye also took inspiration from Drake. Kanye West allowed his daughter North West to be on the album. This comes directly after Drake released an album where one of the songs featured his son, Adonis.

The track list is as follows:

• Everybody (Feat. Lil Baby and Charlie Wilson)
  • Back To Me (Feat. Freddie Gibbs and Offset)
  • Sumn (Feat. Playboi Carti and Quavo)
  • Time Moving Slow 
  • Beg Forgiveness (Feat. Chris Brown)
  • So Good
  • Paid
  • Timbo Freestyle (Feat. India Love)
  • Slide
  • New Body (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
  • Promotion (Feat. Future)
  • Vultures (Feat. Bump J and Lil Durk)
  • Lifestyle (Feat. Lil Wayne)
  • Drunk (Feat. Bad Bunny and Lil Durk)
  • Worship (Feat. Charlie Wilson and North West)
  • River (Feat. Young Thug and Leon Bridges)
  • Gun To My Head (Feat. Kid Cudi)
  • Unlock

This album is the first independent studio album the two have put out together. It serves as a follow up to Kanye’s “Donda” and Ty Dolla Sign’s “Cheers to the Best Memories.” This album was teased all throughout late 2023 with the placeholder name of ¥$ with several listening events being announced, all of which were canceled.

However, on 11/22/2023, the duo released the title track off of the album. This track, titled “Vultures” features rappers Lil Durk and Bump J. Following this, just over two weeks later, on 12/8/2023, the first track list was officially announced. Two days after this, on the 10, West previewed the album for fans inside a restaurant in Wynwood, Florida.

Two days later, West held his first listening event, called “Vultures Rave.” This was the first of a series of events, one of which got shut down due to Kanye not receiving the proper permitting. This album has been drawing in many fans as the first single from the album has already generated 20,000,000 streams from Spotify alone. This album release has fans very excited.

Ethan Blau, Staff Writer
Hello my name is Ethan Blau and this is my first year writing for the Clarion. I am in my senior year at Hawthorne High School. I am part of the school lacrosse team. I am very excited to begin writing many articles for the school newspaper.