Super Bowl 57 Halftime Show

EWatson92
Usher…Super Bowl Halftime Performer

The NFL Super Bowl is upcoming and the halftime show tradition is staying strong with Usher performing.

Usher was huge in the 2000’s and released tons of songs that many people loved. Usher will bring a type of nostalgia to the halftime show since it has been so long since he last performed on such a big stage.The Super Bowl being one of the most heavily watched events across the world, with around 112 million people watching the game every year.

The performers surprisingly do not get paid at all for doing the halftime show and only their travel expenses are paid for by sponsors. The new sponsor of the halftime show is now Apple Music after they replaced Pepsi who sponsored the last ten halftime shows.

Most artists would have a problem with the halftime show since they are not getting paid and are doing it only for publicity. The artists that are ok with this get a paid trip to go watch the Super Bowl which not many people get a chance to do. Usher has been around for some time, so I do not think he worries too much about the publicity or money.

Most people should be excited about the halftime show because there is always a chance that secret rappers or singers could show up without any knowledge of it. The viewers that are watching are in for a treat since there is a great match up and halftime show at Super Bowl 57.

About the Contributor
Sami Maali, Staff Writer
Hi. my name is Sami Maali and I am a senior here at Hawthorne High School. This is my first year writing for the Clarion and I will be looking forward to writing many articles for the school newspaper. I enjoy soccer and I am on the HHS soccer team. Also, I enjoy watching many sports like football, soccer, basketball, and baseball. I like to hang out with my friends and enjoy spending time with my family.