Bioshock Infinite Review

Gamers can celebrate! Another game is released into the Bioshock series by 2K Games- Bioshock Infinite.

Bioshock Infinite doesn’t relate to the first two games in the series; this Bioshock is still a game fans of the series will enjoy. The game is set in the floating city of Columbia during the early 1900s. The player takes on the role of character Booker Dewitt. He is an average everyday man who owes a large debt to a few people. In order to get rid of the debt, the player has to rescue a girl from Columbia. Later in the game, Dewitt learns that this girl is actually his daughter who was stolen from him and taken to Columbia.

The game’s story line also comes with a twist. In the end of the game, the player learns about parallel universes and how they affect his or her own universe. Then, you, as Booker Dewitt, learn that in one world you’re trying to get your daughter back, and in another world you actually created Columbia in honor of her because you were so upset. Although it sounds, and to be honest is, a little confusing, it’s awesome at the same time.

Although this game lacks live online play in which you can interact with other gamers, Bioshock Infinite does focus on a great story, and is still fun. The game takes a total of 12 to 13 hours to beat, which is a lot more time compared to other story games today.

This is an amazing game with a slight flaw: The ending is a little hard to understand. Still, I would rate this game a 10 out of 10. I strongly recommend this game even if you’re new to the Bioshock series.