• Violence Erupts in Indonesia’s Capital in Wake of Presidential Election Results.

• Nevada Law Removing Abortion Restrictions Passes State Assembly.

• Democrats are accusing Trump officials of inflating the Iran threat.

GTA V Review

Robert Dutzar, Staff Writer

With the last Grand Theft Auto series release in 2008, Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V), which was released by RockStar Games on September 17, 2013, had fans flooding video game stores and, according to Abcnewgo.com, earning $800 million in one day. Thankfully, fans found the wait well-worth it as GTA V brings the series to a whole new level.

Throughout the game, players get to live the lives of the three main characters: Trevor Phillips, Michael De Santa, and Franklin Clinton. Unlike the other GTA games, GTA V allows players to become thoroughly involved in the characters’ lives by making decisions that range from deciding what they wear to what businesses they would like to purchase.  Additionally, GTA V also allows players to have their characters participate in real-life activities such as the stock market, triathlons, scuba diving, and roller coaster riding.

The graphics have also done a complete 180 turn since the last installment, which really helps elevate the game to a whole new level. For example, when stepping behind the wheel of a vehicle, players really get a sense of the type of car they are driving. Even things like walking and running look more realistic.

Due to the enhanced game-play, the superior graphics, the interesting main characters, and the ability to be more involved in characters’ lives, I would give it GTA V 9.5 out of 10. I would highly recommend getting this game if you enjoy the Grand Theft Auto Series or just like trying new games.

[EDITOR’S NOTE: Common Sense Media has given GTA V 4 out of 5 stars, noting: “Know your child; some content may not be right for some kids.”]

GTA V Review