Getting the Job

It is often impossible to find a job because the economy is going down the drain. When I was looking for a job, I went to about 60 places and none of them hired me. After I finally got my job at ShopRite, I realized why I never got a job until then. The reason is that I put in the application only online and never went into the store to talk to the manager and show him/her that I wanted the job.

If you are looking for a job and you are filling out the application online, after two days go into the store and talk to a manager and say “I filled out an application online and wanted to see where it will go from here.” This will make you stand out from all the other applicants who never followup.

There are many ways you can find a job. You can either look in the want ads in the newspaper, ask a friend who works at that place if they are hiring, or just go to the place and tell the manager you are interested in getting a job and would like to know if they are hiring.

If you are filling out an application at the place you’re applying to, talk to the manager and shake his/her hand when you are finished because it shows that you are respectful. If you get the call that you have an interview then think of what you are going to wear. Dress nicely because it will show the manager that you really want the job and that you will be a hard worker.

If you do all of this and the place you are applying to is hiring, then there is a really good chance that you will get that job.

All in all, finding a job in this time period is really difficult, but if you apply these suggestions it should increase your chances of getting that job.