Working at ShopRite

When I got my job at ShopRite I was really excited because I finally got a job and could start paying my dad my insurance money and have some money on the side to hang out with friends. After a while things were going great, but then I hit my third month working there, and that’s when it started going downhill.

Most of the customers started being really mean and not caring that I was trying to help them and not trying to be a car salesperson. Many times people don’t want half of what they have in their cart. They get mad when they mess up and try to turn it around and make it look like it’s my fault. During the free turkey/ham promotion they get really mad when they forget their ShopRite card and I can’t give them their free turkey.

There are even customers who will try to rip off ShopRite. For example, they make separate orders on items that customers are only allowed one for the sale. Some customers will give me too many coupons for one item, and when it comes to the express lanes they all try to come onto express with too many items and get mad when I say that they have too many items. Then they say, “I’ll tell the manager that you are kicking me off your line.” Then I have to take them because I’d get in trouble either way.

The good part of working at ShopRite is that we are all one happy family. After our shifts, and even on our shifts, we talk to each other and we get along very well. We even talk to each other about the nasty customers that we get and laugh about it. The reason I have stayed at ShopRite since April 20, 2011 is because I love all the people that work there.