Gaming Goons on the Internet

[singlepic id=466 w=320 h=240 float=right]Six Hawthorne High School students are gaining an online reputation as the go-to experts on all things involving video games.  Known as The Gaming Goons, seniors Jake Caramico, Joe Frascella, Ed Davies, Bryan Curtin, Byran Criscitelli, and Nick Addesso, make up this group of serious gamers who have taken to the Internet to write about their passion.

Inspired by the Achievement Hunter channel, a series of videos that give guidance on playing various video games on YouTube, Caramico said the group realized, “We can do it too!”  So on January 13, 2013 these students decided to create their own group channel on YouTube: Youtube.com/user/GamingGoonStudio. Franscella said their purpose is to “present news from the gaming community such as new video game trailers, new games that have been released, reviews, hardware or software updates, anything!” The Gaming Goons are hoping to gain popularity in order to be one of the primary resources for game news.

One of their future plans is to cover the Comic-Con 2013, which is a grand convention in New York City that shows the latest comics, video games, and other sources of entertainment.

You can also join their Facebook page called Gaming Goon Studio where the group members post throughout the week on Retro Sunday, Character Monday, Video Game Music Hits Wednesday, and Flashgame Friday.