Getting Into the Holiday Spirit

The holidays are right around the corner, so it’s time to get out those cozy sweaters you’ve been dying to put on all year and turn up the heat. Drink some hot cocoa. Go out, play in the snow, and throw a snowball or two at your family and friends. All of these things are fun, but nothing screams “The Holidays!” more than helping others in your community and brightening someone’s day.

The first thing that you can do is help some of your neighbors clean their driveways and sidewalks after a snowstorm. You can spend some time making a present (instead of buying one!), wrap it up nicely, and give it to someone special. If you can’t think of anything to give, just bake some holiday cookies. Nobody can say “no” to cookies.

Something else that you might want to do is hang up some decorations in and outside your house. This will most likely brighten up your own spirit and make you happier for the holidays. Whenever you walk into a place, like a mall, and you see a bunch of ornaments and decorations everywhere, don’t you just feel happier?

Finally, one of the best ways to get into the holiday spirit is to remember the reason for the season. The holidays are a time to get together with friends and family and enjoy a good cup of hot chocolate while watching old Disney movies. If you ever get stressed about what to give someone, just take a breath and remember why you’re celebrating your particular holiday in the first place. Spending time with the people that mean the most to you, will make your holidays ten times better.