Favorite Quotes

George Harrison once said, “If you don’t know where you’re going, any road’ll take you there.” Your high school years are going to be really confusing. Stress, decision making, and pressure will take over a big part of your life. Many people suggest that, “you should be young while you can.” It’s great to be prepared for the future, but it’s also okay if you’re not. This quote could mean just that. If you don’t know where you’re going, as far as a career choice goes, any road will lead you to success if you put your mind to it. For this reason, this quote is one of my favorite quotes.

“I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams,” said The Doctor from the TV show Doctor Who. Freshman, Katherine Interiano, says this is one of her favorite quotes. She was asked why this was a favorite of hers and she said, “Because it reminds me that I have to stay persistent in my beliefs and it reminds me that I am a good person at heart.” Always be true to who you are.

Freshman Rocco Pecoraro tells us about his favorite quote that was said by his cousin Marcus Ruta. “Always be your best self.” The quote speaks for itself. Being the best you can be is the most amazing thing you can do for yourself. No one in this world can be a better you than you, so why not be the best you can possibly be?

“I don’t want to be typical me. I want to be unpredictable,” Veronika Alvarez quoted. “I want to put a smile on everyone’s face and not just have a name for myself as anything other than ‘Veronika’,” she explained. The quote basically states that she wants to be recognized as someone that doesn’t have a title or name for herself. She wants to be spontaneous, unexpected, and surprising.

A senior here at HHS, Julio Aybar confesses his favorite quote. “You can either be two things in this world, somebody or nobody.” After he shared, he said, “I want to be somebody.” In life, you can only accomplish what you allow yourself to do so. You can pursue all the great things in life and just be somebody. Be known for the amazing things that you’re capable of.

People’s favorite quotes can tell a lot about them. They’re just like morals and beliefs. Our favorite quotes guide us toward the people we wish to be and the goals we set for ourselves. For most people, favorite quotes reflect the things people value. What is your favorite quote? What does it say about your personality and the way you go about things?

Kaitlyn Melendez
Kaitlyn Melendez is currently a junior at Hawthorne High School. Writing has been something that she’s always enjoyed doing, so she is happy to be writing for The Clarion for her third year. Aside from writing articles for the school newspaper, she is the lights manager for the school productions, a member of the varsity golf team, and she also enjoys writing music and poetry. Reading, guitar playing, and drawing are also a few of her many hobbies. Kaitlyn is open to all suggestions for future articles.