Sibling Struggle

Laith Matari, Contributor

In the past few weeks at Hawthorne High School, many siblings have been going head-to-head on some personal problems they’re experiencing. Well you can now get the inside scoop in their business and see what controversy is occurring in these four HHS sibling pairs.

Vanessa and Cielle Tousignant were driving home from school on a beautiful sunny day. Cielle got out of the car first and told Vanessa, “Make sure to close the sunroof!” Vanessa thought to herself, It’s so sunny out it’s not going to rain I’ll just close it later. Well you know what they say, the weather changes every second. Ten minutes later, a massive rain storm rolled through the area. The thought of the sunroof being opened was lost in the mind of Vanessa. As she continued on with her day the interior of the car was being overflowed with rain water. The next morning when both girls were walking to the car to go to school, Cielle reached out to open the door and when she did, she was consumed by a wave of water. From that day on Cielle has refused to drive Vanessa—partially because she now doesn’t have a car to drive herself.

As you know boys and girls track is separated by gender. Leah Matari thought to herself, Since I beat everyone so badly last year in counties I want more of a challenge. So Leah decided that for one of her events she would dress up as a boy and compete against them. The event she decided to compete in was the Javelin—the same event that her brother Laith was competing in! Laith was favored to win this event, and would be devastated if he didn’t. Well, his first throw was fantastic and he launched it 199.9 feet, only one inch from the world record. But Leah wasn’t going to have any of it. Sticking to her plan of winning a boy’s event, she hurled her Jav at a record 200.1 feet, beating her brother and breaking the state record! Once Laith found out what she had done, in a fury he stormed into her room and ripped down all of her 125 Justin Bieber posters. Let’s just say they haven’t thrown their differences aside yet.

Coming up as a freshman soccer player Alex Z wasn’t very confident in his abilities, especially compared to his brother Stefan’s superb skills. Leading up to the season, Alex would train every day, twice a day, to improve his skills. As Alex was hard at work, Stefan was feeling confident in his abilities, and sitting on the couch eating pierogis and watching Ukrainian soap operas. Well, when tryouts rolled around Stefan was surprised to see how much Alex improved and how he may have become better than him. Stefan knew he had to do something or else Alex would take his spot. The last day of tryouts, which is the most important day, Stefan locked Alex in a closet with a box of pierogis. When he showed up to practice, Coach McMann asked him where Alex was. Stefan said, “He fell ill and couldn’t make it.” McMann sighed and said, “That’s a shame he was going to play right next to you.”

Aidan Harmer and Jaycob Castillo have been best friends since kindergarten; they did everything together. They played basketball and baseball together, and they’ve always been on the same travel team. In school, they participate in the same clubs and activities; they even have their mom’s request to be in the same classes! Unfortunately, Aidan never got along with Marjes (Jaycob’s twin sister); they never use to talk and were always very rude to each other. Well, that all has changed this year when Aidan and Marjes fell madly in love with each other. When Jaycob heard about the news he was devastated that his best friend betrayed him. Although he felt betrayed by Aidan, he felt it was all Marje’s fault. One night Mares came home and saw all her belongings packed up into three suitcases. On top of one of the suitcases lay a ticket that said, “One way ticket to Columbia.” We hope these siblings can work out their differences.

APRIL FOOLS!