• New York college student dies after falling from clock tower weeks before graduating.

• Strong storms, including at least one tornado, have swept through parts of the Midwest and the Mid-Atlantic region.

• Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty in her first response to the college admissions scam.

California Blazing After the Recent Fires

Sydney Reicher, Staff Writer

In early November, California experienced two major devastating fires. They were named the Camp Fire and the Woolsey Fire. The fires started and grew because of  people who were having campfires and the bad weather conditions. However, both fires are now fully contained.

The Camp Fire is ruled the deadliest and most destructive fire that California has experienced thus far. It has killed at least 79 people and the number keeps rising as they find more and more bodies. Nonetheless, there are many people who are still unaccounted for.  Although the fire is now fully contained, it destroyed over 10,000 homes and businesses. The main city that has been affected by the disastrous fire is Paradise, California. You wouldn’t even recognize Paradise as a town because of the destruction that has been caused. Along with the torn down houses, many missing relatives and friends have been found either under the rubble or have contacted their worried loved ones passing along the message that they’re alive.   

The Woolsey Fire took place south of the Camp Fire, affecting areas such as Malibu, Los Angeles, and parts of the San Fernando Valley. The fire destroyed and damaged approximately 1,800 homes and businesses in these areas. Thankfully, only a few lives were lost in this devastating event.

Both fires affected more places than just the ones with the burned down buildings. The smoke and ashes coming from the fires harmed many people in the surrounding areas. It got into many people’s lungs and the ash landed on their properties as well. The air quality was so poor that many celebrities, such as LeBron James, spoke out on their social media platforms about it and about the fires causing it, too. Professional teams were provided with clean oxygen tanks on the sideline to keep their lungs as healthy and clean as possible.  

Sydney Reicher, Staff Writer

Sydney Reicher is a freshman at Hawthorne High School and this is her first year writing for The Clarion.  She enjoys playing softball and volleyball. ...

• California Blazing After the Recent Fires

Spirit Week Day 4: Throwback Thursday

Spirit Week Day 3: Workout Wednesday

Shark Tank 2019

Spirit Week Day 2: Tropical Tuesday

Spirit Week Day 1: Twin Takeover

Generous Donation Given to Hawthorne High School

HHS Pool Renovations Coming Soon

Nick Manzi: Mr. Congeniality 2019

Mr. Hawthorne 2019 Recap

Luke Kowalski: Mr. Hawthorne 2019