Love Day!

Nithi Anand
Enjoy Valentine’s Day!

Valentine’s Day is a day you can spend with your significant other. It is a day to show your love for someone. Many couples like to exchange gifts on this specific day and there are many things you can get someone. You can get them chocolates and candy. If you’re getting something for your girlfriend, maybe flowers. You can also exchange little gifts like makeup or a sweatshirt. We exchange these gifts to show our appreciation and love for each other.

On Valentine’s Day you should spend quality time with the people you love. Even if it’s your own family. You can sit around and watch movies or even go out for some food. Some good places are nice fancy restaurants. You can even go to your guy’s favorite place or a place that is very special to you. Since it’s a special day I would try to stay away from fast food places and the movies. Those aren’t as romantic. Maybe you guys can stay in and order food. Then watch a movie at home and spend quality time together. 

Valentine’s Day was originally called Saint Valentine’s Day. This day was created because of romantic love in the 14th and 15th centuries. Valentine’s Day is important like every other holiday. Every holiday has its own purpose and story behind it. Valentine’s Day is about love. There was a lot of romance back then just like there is today. Love is very important and is very strong. So it should be celebrated which is why Valentine’s Day was created. So go spend some time with your loved ones and get them some gifts now because it’s just around the corner!

About the Contributor
Amanda Provenzano, Staff Writer
Hi I am Amanda Provenzano and I am currently a freshman at Hawthorne High School. I am so excited to write for the Clarion for the first time and in my first year of high school. I love writing, so I am very excited to write for our school. I love playing soccer and I am currently on the HHS varsity soccer team. I like a lot of food, but my favorite is pasta. My interests are writing, hanging out with friends and family, sports, and watching TV.