Upcoming Events

Mr. Small, Staff Writer

As usual, there are a lot of exciting events occurring each and every day here at Hawthorne High School. This is a brief list (a “Thank You” to Mr. Small and his Daily Announcements!)

1. Student Council elections (for next year’s exec board positions) will be held on Wednesday, June 1st during our lunch period. Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors can vote at the table outside of the Main Office. HHS students: Just vote!
  2. All students that plan on playing football next year must attend a mandatory meeting Friday, May 27th at 2:55 pm in room 123.
  3. Come out and support the Girls Flag Football team as they take on Lyndhurst at home tonight at 7pm. The girls are undefeated and look to close out the season with bid into the 1st round of playoffs. We need the support and look forward to seeing you all tonight, at 7pm.
  4. It is time for the Hawthorne High School Video Music Awards! After the first round of voting in the broadcasting classes, it is now up to you to determine who will bring home the VMA’s moon man trophy. Use the link in HHS Google Classroom to vote! https://forms.gle/TYexjxvqb7SsktF19
  5. Juniors: If you are interested in participating in this summer’s College Application Bootcamp, the final day to register is June 3rd. We will help you develop a college list, build your resume, write your essay and apply to college. Please register by completing the google form at the link below or visiting the Guidance Website and clicking on the link on the Boot Camp flyer.
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSecu1DiijH_NhQ0wbzb8huyG0Q_0vyrd4m1qRQTP8OLOh_iqQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
  6. Ladies and gentlemen, now is your time to finish a debate that has been going on forever in New Jersey. Which is the ultimate breakfast sandwich! Take a pole picking your favorite and we will share the results on June 1st. Some answers may include a delicious taylor ham egg and cheese or a bacon egg and cheese. VOTE NOW using the google form link on the high school google classroom. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NGgVpwKyoGvQtTz0-JvSxMEUlkgNrOQjIdKTvxIK3Hc/edit?usp=drive_web
  7. This Thursday is the annual Spring Concert hosted by the music department. The jazz band, chamber chorus, concert choir, and concert band are excited to share with you we have been working on. Invite your friends and family to this free concert on Thursday starting at 7:30 in the high school auditorium. We look forward to seeing you there!
  8. The class of 2022 has made it! Own your copy of the Hawthorne High School Class of 2022 Commencement Ceremony on DVD. The cost is $10 per DVD for orders placed by June 10th, $15 for orders placed after June 10th. Simply fill out this form… tiny.cc/hhs22dvd … and mail or drop off cash or checks to Hawthorne High School’s main office or Mr. Small in room 119. Checks must be made payable to “HHS Broadcasting”. Orders will be available for pick up in the high school main office by the first week of July. You will receive an email to confirm your order, payment received, and update you when your order is ready. For any questions, email [email protected].us.