Bogies Hoagies: Open for Dinner

Bogies Hoagies, a popular Hawthorne eatery that serves breakfast and lunch at 471 Lafayette Ave, Hawthorne, is now expanding its hours and menu. It will soon offer a dinner menu with larger portions.

Proud owner and chief chef, Paul Beaugard, a graduate of The Culinary Institute of America (CIA), is happy that he is able to expand his menu from delicious breakfast sandwiches and subs for lunch to four course dinner meals. 

The first course selections will include: romaine salad with gorgonzola cheese, cranberries and walnuts; Caesar salad; house salad; fresh mozzarella with roasted peppers; shrimp a la plancha; and soup.

Second course selections will include: fettucine bolognese; salmon ravioli with herb sause; braised beef ravioli with tomato sauce; spinach and cheese ravioli with tomato cream sauce; and penne arrabbiata.

Third course selections will include: sautéed salmon with fettucine and julienne vegetables; half a roasted rosemary chicken with roasted potatoes; braised shot ribs with polenta; and pork osso buso with risotto.

The dessert course selections will include: ricotta cheesecake; chocolate almond cake; crème brulee; and Tiramisu.

Beaugard has owned the shop for three years. He trained in Italy and in France and also worked in different restaurants in New York City. Before owning Bogies Hoagies, Paul owned a restaurant called Beaugard in Dumont, New Jersey.

Beaugard hopes his customers will be very pleased with the delicious courses he is preparing to will keep coming back for more.

Beaugard plans to extend hours and open the dinner menu in the middle of April. The dinner menu will be offered Wednesday through Saturday 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.