What is the Mannequin Challenge?

businessinsider.com

Hillary Clinton and Jon Bon Jovi’s Mannequin Challenge

Mia Lewis, Staff Writer

What is the Mannequin Challenge?  

Has your feed been blowing up with the #mannequin challenge, with videos of frozen people popping up on your screen? Recently the mannequin challenge has been trending on social media, making it the new internet obsession. People from all over have been creating their own unique versions of the mannequin challenge, in which a person or large group of people get together and simply become motionless. These videos usually last a minute with the song “Black Beatles” being played in the background, while the camera moves swiftly around to capture each pose being displayed.

With hundreds of people posting new videos every day of the mannequin challenge, you may be wondering where this craze all started. Well, many have credited students from Edward H. White High School, located in Jacksonville, Florida. Without much thought, they posted the video to someone’s twitter page not thinking that it would be a hit success. Soon the video attracted people from all over, inspiring others to upload their own videos by tagging the clip with the #mannequinchallenge. Since then, professional athletes, famous artists, celebrities, and even politicians have taken part in the challenge by sharing their videos to the world.

Even Hawthorne High School has gotten in on the action of taking part in this popular challenge. The HHS varsity football team and the girls varsity soccer had also recently uploaded videos of the challenge, with coaches participating as well.

So now that you know what the latest social trend is, what are you waiting for? Get your friends and family involved and be the next best video out there to be shared with the #mannequinchallenge.