Memorial Day 2024

royal19
Memorial Day 2024

Memorial Day is a day where we honor the people who died fighting for our country. Many people put their lives at risk every day fighting for our country to keep us safe. This is a very dangerous job and lots of people get injured and even worse killed. So on May 27 we take this day to honor everyone who died serving to protect our country. They play a big part in our safety. A tradition that people do is that they go visit cemeteries and memorials and many place flags on graves of the military personnel in national cemeteries. 

There are also Memorial Day parades that people attend as well. At these parades there are many flags flying around and people volunteering to be in it. They do these parades to make this day special and really show the appreciation we have for our soldiers and for their families as well. 

We have a few days off every year for Memorial Day. This is to make sure that we can celebrate the best we can. Our schools are off from Saturday, May 25 to Wednesday, May 29.

A lot of people go down the shore for Memorial Day weekend. Down the shore there are firework shows to go watch, loads of people go especially to Seaside Heights.

So if you don’t know what to do this upcoming Memorial Day weekend you should definitely consider going. Especially since the weather is starting to get hotter it is definitely the time to go. This is also a good time to go because we have 5 days off from school so you should take advantage and have fun, who doesn’t love going down the shore! 

About the Contributor
Amanda Provenzano, Staff Writer
Hi I am Amanda Provenzano and I am currently a freshman at Hawthorne High School. I am so excited to write for the Clarion for the first time and in my first year of high school. I love writing, so I am very excited to write for our school. I love playing soccer and I am currently on the HHS varsity soccer team. I like a lot of food, but my favorite is pasta. My interests are writing, hanging out with friends and family, sports, and watching TV.