White Out: Homecoming Dance

Hawthorne High School’s annual Homecoming Dance was an exceptional success according to Student Activities Advisor Danielle Russo.

A record number of students and upperclassmen attended the black-light “wear white” dance that was held on Friday, October 19.  Russo credits the positive feeback to the different and fun theme created and executed by the Student Council. All students were asked to wear white; the black-lights, set up throughout the gymnasium, made the students glow florescent, bright colors.

According to Ethan Ramos, a senior at HHS who attended the dance, “It was bumpin!”

The Homecoming Court, chosen by votes cast by classmates, was announced at the dance. For the freshmen court, the Lord and Lady are Liam Morrisey and Samantha Calkins. For sophomore court, the Duke and Duchess are James Baratta and Charlee Ciuba. For junior court, the Prince and Princess are Chase Knepper and Natalie Tousignant. Finally, for senior court, the King and Queen are Evan Ramos and Brooke Morton.

Russo, with the help of the Student Council, plans to “bring back the homecoming dance” by expanding on the theme next year with a black-light “wear neon” dance.  This plan may be very successful as Brian Sommer, a senior at HHS, said, “This year was actually very fun! Thank you Student Council!”