HHS Student Art Gallery Grand Opening

The first art exhibit has opened in the new student art gallery in the Library Media Center. John DiLonardo’s Media Arts I class has created digital photography still life pieces, which are now being displayed.

The process of creating these beautiful art pieces included choosing a prop and table-top composition, arranging the elements to the artist’s liking, and using a tripod to take the photograph. Each artist used his or her own creativity to determine which prop would be used and what angle and lighting looked best. After uploading to I-Photo software and making editing alterations, each artist created a beautiful still life photograph.

After hanging the exhibit, DiLonardo commented, “I am excited to have my student’s creativity showcased in the Library Media Center. It is always great to see your work on display. It gives further sense of pride and ownership to the art. The Media Center is a wonderful, central place for all to share in the talents of HHS.”

Each piece seems to expresses the artist’s creativity and personal ambitions. For instance, looking at Jessica Bryan’s photo of colored pencils all lined up and Frank Giglio’s photo of shiny red headphones the viewer can imagine their love for art and music. The pieces of art on display were chosen by DiLonardo who said that the most inspirational, challenging, and different art pieces are the ones that catch his attention. He also used the students’ creative knowledge of line, focus, composition, and design to determine which art works should be displayed.

The art work is displayed in beautiful 3×4 foot, dark wood frames donated by the Class of 2012. Four additional frames will soon be hung so that even more student work can be displayed. All staff and students are strongly encouraged to check out the beautiful pieces in the exhibit.