Spring Fling

The Hawthorne High School junior class will be hosting the school’s first Spring Fling in the courtyard at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, May 17, 2013.

This dance is open to HHS students only–from every grade level.   Although students will not be required to dress nicely, they are encouraged to wear semi-formal attire such as sun dresses and polo shirts. Tickets will be $7 at the door and $5 if purchased in advance.

During the Spring Fling, students will be able to dance and eat as well as socialize with all their friends. The entertainment will be provided by Dustin Scully and the music will be provided by Alex “DJ Goose” Guarnieri.

Scully will be performing stand-up comedy at the Spring Fling. Although there will be imitations of people from school, he’s going to try and focus more on talking about general material. Scully said, “I feel great about this opportunity. This is a perfect opportunity for me to practice for next time. And of, course, I love to make people laugh.”

At the Spring Fling, Guarnieri is going to be providing house music, hip hop, and today’s hits. Guarnieri said, “I feel excited, and I can’t wait to have a great time.”

Since some students will not be attending the prom, members of the Student Council decided that a Spring Fling would be a nice way for the whole school to be together before the seniors graduate. Chase Knepper, junior at HHS said, “The Spring Fling will have good music, fun foods, and be a great memory for all those who attend.”