HHS Annual Art Show 2013

art show 4art show 3ART SHOW 1Hawthorne High School art classes present their best work in the Art Show every year. This year, after being postponed due to weather, the show opened on June 6, 2013.

Art teachers, Danielle Russo and Joey Carradori, Media Arts teacher John DiLonardo, and Ceramics teacher Allan Rosenberg helped their students show off their work. Although the construction work in Room 120 moved some of the show to the auditorium and the auditorium foyer and hallway, this location along with the courtyard on a beautiful day provided a perfect venue for the show.  “The art show is always a successful day because we get to showcase all the talent in our building,” said Russo. “I am always so proud of all my students’ hard work.”

“This is my third art show here at HHS,” said Carradori, “but I have curated many art shows during my fifteen years of teaching. I have also curated many shows for private galleries where I have shown my own artwork. What I love best about each show is that it has its own personality, which reflects the students who participate in it. I am incredibly proud of what my students are preparing to show this week, as I am every year.”

Junior Hannah Van Der Eems stated, “I like the art show; it’s a way for the students of the school to see what the art students have done.” Art student senior Jazmin Veliz agreed saying, “It’s something I have looked forward the whole year. I have never thought I would be an artist, without the help from Ms. Russo, I saw a whole new side of me.”

Students came during their English classes and during lunch to see the amazing art work. “This is my eleventh year being in the art show and this is always a success. You can see that I am very proud; the art students do an amazing work” said Rosenberg.