Senior Trip to Dorney Park

Hawthorne High School’s Class of 2013 went on their class trip to Dorney Park on June 9, 2013.  Although it rained, a majority of the seniors still had a blast.

The senior class had the liberty to go off by themselves anywhere between the waterpark and amusement rides as long as they were back at the bus by 3:30 p.m. Because the rain was heavy and nonstop most of the day, the park was not crowded and senior Kirsten Meneses laughed when stating, “I didn’t go on any of the water rides; however, at one point I was the only one on a rollercoaster. It was great even with the rain.”

Many students who attended the waterpark area of Dorney stated that it worked out with the rain. You never got cold because you were constantly getting wet, and there were no lines. However, some students felt the weather didn’t help keep them warm. Senior Renee Buchanan, who went to the waterpark first, stated, “I was cold and frozen, but I made the best of it.”

Over all, the senior trip was a success. “Everyone had a great time,” stated senior Emily Provencher. “It was more fun in the rain because I was able to keep going on rides without the wait.” Senior Kimberly Mulvey agreed saying, “It was a great time with friends and even the rain made it a great time.”