Career Day Opportunity

HHS guidance counselor Denise Puccio encourages all students and their parents to attend an informative Career Day being held on Saturday, May 10, 2014, at Bergen Community College in Paramus, New Jersey, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.

Thirty  professionals from 16 different industries will be in attendance at the event to speak with students about the realities of their career. The industries represented include the following: Architecture and Construction, Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications, Education and Training, Finance, Human Services, Government and Public Administration, Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security, Hospitality and Tourism, Transportation, Distribution and Logistics, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Marketing, Sales, Service and Manufacturing, Health Sciences, Information Technology Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, and Business Management and Administration.

Along with learning about all the different types of careers available, attendees will also have an opportunity to hear keynote speakers Michelle Newton, a home-based business coach, speaker, and published author; and Monique Manigault, a business strategist and author. A special performance by Natalie Imani, one of the most promising voices in alternative R&B Pop today, will also be presented during the Career Day.

Puccio believes this event offers our students an excellent opportunity to explore career fields at a time when they are considering college majors.