Ninutsa Nadirashvili: New Jersey Enthusiastic Reader Winner

Hawthorne High School congratulates junior, Ninutsa Nadirashvili, who has been given the distinct honor of being one of nine K-12 students chosen for the 2014 New Jersey Enthusiastic Reader award given by the New Jersey Association of School Librarians.

Nina2
Nadirashvili posing with some of her favorite works including ‘Anna Karenina.’

This award aims to honor New Jersey students who enjoy and truly understand the importance of reading. Three students from the  elementary, middle, and high school grade levels are chosen from three regions: North Jersey, Central Jersey, and South Jersey.HHS Library Media Specialist, Theresa DiGeronimo, who realized Nadirashvili’s enthusiasm for reading and nominated her for the award, said, “I am thrilled. Nina exemplifies an enthusiastic reader. Her love of literature literally bubbles out of her. I am also proud and glad that she brings such positive attention to Hawthorne High School in a state-wide competition.”

The winners of this award are invited to a celebration lunch that will take place at May 17 at the Robert Wood Conference Center in Mercerville, NJ. This celebration will begin at 10:15 a.m., and students will have the opportunity to meet with the author of children books, Linda Bozzo,  and participate in her workshop. Each winner is allowed to bring one relative and the teacher/librarian who nominated them. Nadirashvili will be accompanied by DiGeronimo.

When asked how she feels about her accomplishment, Nadirashvili said, “I am very honored and excited to have won this competition. I am also very thankful to Mrs. DiGeronimo for nominating me. I hope I have a lot of fun at the reception!”