NHS Celebrates at the Gold Tassel Dinner

National Honor Society (NHS) members were honored at the annual Gold Tassel Dinner at The Tides in North Haledon on Thursday, May 1 2014.

The Gold Tassel Dinner celebrates the accomplishment that the NHS students have made throughout the year, as well as commemorating the NHS seniors graduating in June.

English teacher Kelly Clifford, National Honor Society’s adviser, said, “The Gold Tassel Dinner is always a great night for our NHS members and their parents… I’ve enjoyed this year’s NHS immensely, and I can’t even express how proud I am of this group.”

In order to attend the Gold Tassel Dinner, members of the NHS had to complete their required 10 hours of tutoring and 15 hours of volunteer work, on top of maintaining high academic standards.

Natalie Tousigant, a senior NHS member, said, “The dinner was a nice way to end the school year and celebrate the hours of tutoring and volunteering we completed for NHS throughout this past year.”

Clifford, who got to know each member of NHS well, emphasized what a strong group of students this year’s NHS was, both in-and-out of academic life. “I am excited for them, and I can’t wait to hear about all of the wonderful things they are going to accomplish.”