Slogan Contest: We Have a Winner

Hawthorne High School recently had a contest to find a slogan that would emphasize our school’s positive vibe. Many enthusiastic students entered their slogans, but of course only one slogan could win.

The winning slogan, thought up by two girls, was “Small School, Big Family.” This describes HHS perfectly, in only four words. The two girls who created the winning quote are Alexandra O’Neil and Miriam Socolska, who are freshmen at HHS. All participants received gift certificates from such local businesses as The Chocolate Box, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Tastees, Sprinkles, Subway, Bagel Express, Andy’s Corner and Sunrise Bagels. In addition to receiving gift certificates, the winners also received a Christmas tree ornament, a Hawthorne High School license plate frame, four tickets to any Hawthorne athletics event(s), a coffee mug, and one day both girls will get to read the morning announcements.

The winning slogan will be on display when you walk into the building. The manner in which it will be displayed is yet to be determined.

About the Contributor
Kaitlyn Melendez is currently a junior at Hawthorne High School. Writing has been something that she’s always enjoyed doing, so she is happy to be writing for The Clarion for her third year. Aside from writing articles for the school newspaper, she is the lights manager for the school productions, a member of the varsity golf team, and she also enjoys writing music and poetry. Reading, guitar playing, and drawing are also a few of her many hobbies. Kaitlyn is open to all suggestions for future articles.