Mr. Hawthorne: Liam Morrissey

Liam+Morrissey+with+his+babys+picture.+

L.Matari

Liam Morrissey with his baby’s picture.

Erika La Monaca, Staff Writer

Throughout the past several years Mr. Hawthorne has been one of the funniest, most popular, events at Hawthorne High School. It is a mix between a male pageant and a talent show between the junior and senior boys! This will be the fifth year that Student Council, led by Ms. Danielle Russo and Mr. Gustav Schell, will be hosting the show, which will take place on March 4. A clarion reporter got the chance to interview Liam Morrissey, one of the candidates for the prestigious Mr. Hawthorne title:

Clarion Reporter: What are some of the things you are a part of at HHS?

Morrissey: I am part of art club, soccer, lacrosse, bowling, and I am also a student advisor for the Dewey Decimal System in the library.

Clarion Reporter: Why did you decide to do Mr. Hawthorne?

Morrissey: I’m in a show called Mr. Hawthorne?

Clarion Reporter: Do you think you will win?

Morrissey: I win 60% of the time, every time.

Clarion Reporter: What do you think of your competition? Who do you think is your biggest competitor?

Morrissey: My biggest competitor is myself because I want to grow as a person in everything I do and David Mascis because he will probably beat me.

Clarion Reporter: Tell us something about yourself that you want the audience at Mr. Hawthorne and the Hawthorne community to know.

Morrissey: There is absolutely nothing about me that you would want to know.

After getting to know Liam Morrissey, we asked his track coach Gustav Schell, about his experience with coaching Morrissey and he replied, “Liam is intimidating when he runs the mile in track and he is the only defensive lineman running distance. He’s been known to throw an elbow here and there during the race, which again, makes him very intimidating. On the bright side, he is a big Bruce Springsteen fan!”  We also asked football coach John Passero about Morrissey and he stated, “Liam Morrissey is the type of young man that all parents wish their sons would grow up to be like. He is a hard worker and he always gives 100% in everything he does. I’m sure he will come up with some great routines in order to try and win the contest.”

The students and staff of Hawthorne High School wish Morrissey the best of luck while competing for the title of Mr. Hawthorne.