Mr. Hawthorne: David Mascis

David+Mascis+posing.+

LMatari

David Mascis posing.

Kaitlyn Melendez, Staff Writer

This year’s annual Mr. Hawthorne pageant is right around the corner. The boys in the running have already started preparing. Everyone is ready to see all the talent and fashion that the boys have to share. Come out and support your favorite contestant on March 4. Get ready to meet the contestants!

David Mascis is a senior here at Hawthorne High School. A Clarion reporter asked him a few questions to get to know him a little better.

Clarion Reporter: What are some of the things that you are a part of at HHS?

David Mascis: Exotic Dance Team, Varsity Baseball, Basketball, and Football, and lastly, my favorite, Captain of Ryan McMann’s Speedball team.

Clarion Reporter: Why did you decide to do Mr. Hawthorne?

David Mascis: Performing with Liam Morrissey in last year’s competition really sparked my interest to try and win the crown for myself this year.

Clarion Reporter: Do you think you will win?

David Mascis: Honestly, I’m not worried about winning or losing, only about having fun and just hanging with a bunch of dads who act like dudes. The reason I say “dads” is…  have you seen Luke Sousa’s hair? No 16 year old boy can pull that off, it’s utterly breathtaking.

Clarion Reporter: What do you think of your competition? Who do you think is your biggest competitor?

David Mascis: I love competition. I’m a competitor at heart! All these guys are amazing and beautiful inside and out, but hands down, my biggest competitor is Liam. We had such great chemistry last year on this stage and he is by far the cutest of all of us.

Clarion Reporter: Tell us something about yourself, that you want the audience at Mr. Hawthorne and the Hawthorne community to know.

David Mascis: Something to tell people about me that no one knows is that I have a love for extraordinary female singers, and my one true love is hands down Barbra Streisand! She has an amazing voice and her work in Funny Girl (1968) should be illegal because of how extraordinary she is!

Good luck, David!