Student Profile: Madison Perry

Mackenzie Costello, Staff Writer

Hawthorne High School junior Madison Perry  is heavily involved in extracurricular activities at HHS.

Perry is a member of the HHS color guard. Perry’s love for the color guard sparked when she joined the HHS Marching Band in 8th grade. Perry has a natural talent for color guard, but also dedicates a lot of time preparing for her performances. Perry performs extremely well, but her fellow color guard members also love her because she is so helpful and patient.

Perry has a true passion for color guard and is especially excited for parade season in May. Parade season is always fun because the color guard comes back from a long break since the fall and starts rehearsals for the Memorial Day parades. The HHS Marching Band participates in three parades: the Hawthorne, Franklin Lakes, and the Hoboken Parades.

One of Perry’s favorite activities is bowling. Perry started bowling when she was 8 years old.  She has won High Game, Average, and Series in her division for the past three years. Perry also had the top girl series at counties freshmen and junior year; and it was co-ed bowling!

Madison loves to compete in tournaments all over. One of her favorite places to bowl is at Holiday Bowl in Oakland and Bowler City in Hackensack. Madison plans on bowling in college.  Perry says, “I love color guard…but it’s a must for me to continue my bowling career in college.” Madison looks forward to next year’s season of bowling as it will be her last season bowling for the Bears.